Mercury Free

Mercury is one of the most biochemically toxic substances known. Humans have daily exposure to this substance through dental amalgams, industrial pollution, medical waste, water, and food. It is impossible to avoid all exposure, so the key is to minimize this exposure and to help eliminate or reduce toxic burden in the body.

It is important to understand the toxicity of mercury and to know how it can safely be removed as well as competent bio-dentists who can do this correctly. Please see the other tabs under “mercury free” for more information on mercury, removal techniques, and bio-dentistry.


I hear this quite a bit- ” What is mercury and why should I be concerned about it?” Mercury is a heavy metal, technically classified by weight as at least 5x’s as heavy as water. Also known as “quicksilver”, mercury is an unusual substance as it is a liquid metal at room and body temperature. This metal is used in thermometers, medical equipment, industrial applications, energy production, computer and electronic manufacturing, dental fillings and a host of other applications.

Why should you be concerned about it? The estimated yearly release of mercury into the air in the United States is approximately 11 tons and this metal is increasing in water, fish, food, soil and other mediums. This is worrisome because mercury is one of the most toxic substances known to man and is a very reactive substance when exposed to human tissues. It acts like a rubber ball bouncing in an enclosed room-hitting everything around it with great destructive force. Think of the brain, kidneys, digestive cells as the enclosed room and mercury being the ball. Each time mercury contacts human cells it causes inflammation, destruction and overall wreaks havoc on normal cell functioning.

There are many signs and symptoms related to mercury in the body. Some of the more common ones are headaches, memory loss, brain fog, numbness, burning, changes in smell /taste, mood swings, depression, anxiety, irritability, confusion, metallic taste, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, digestive problems, hot flashes, hormone imbalances, low thyroid, recurrent infections, swelling, joint pain etc.

What can you do about it? Get a urine test for toxic metals, avoid most fish including tuna, have suspicious fillings checked by a biological dentist, elect composite fillings rather than amalgams for future dental procedures, exercise, eat a balanced diet of protein, whole grains, green and colored vegetables, drink plenty of water, and take basic nutrients. Be well and if you suspect mercury exposure seek the appropriate care.


Read about Chelation »